1. What did you do in 2005 that you had never done before?
Celebrated our first anniversary. Had our first baby. Had a family get-together at my house! for Thanksgiving! Timed an entire breakfast just right – oh, it was so exciting! Eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, toast with butter and jelly, coffee, and apple juice. All done in perfect timing. 20 minutes. Everything was nice and warm served – it was this morning and it was perfect, my friends.
2.Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Ahh, I don’t remember if I made any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ahh, me. Is that close enough? Lot of friends, too.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother on my dad’s side.
5. What countries did you visit?
This one. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
An esophagus that works, please! One more week – yay!
7. What dates will remain etched in your memory and why?
Tiffany’s birth, first anniversary, grandma’s funeral, birthdays were great.
8. What's your biggest achievement of the year?
FINALLY understanding that I have a self-discipline issue. And the Lord says….Duh! I’ve been trying to tell you……
9. What was your biggest failure?
Golly gee, I dunno.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
All year long with the esophagus thing. Man, that’s not fun. No real illnesses or broken bones or anything, though.
11.What was the best thing you bought?
My rug in the front room. It’s my favorite.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Harry’s. He’s come such a long way – I’ll just leave it at that. I’m proud of you, baby!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
I can’t answer that, sorry. My mother told me if I don’t have anything nice to say – to not say anything at all.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Having a baby! The whole experience was and is wonderful!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
I don’t have any song that reminds me of any year. That would require memory that I completely lack.
17. Compared to this time last year are you?
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) fatter or thinner? Thinner by 5 pounds
c) richer or poorer? I second Angela’s answer. richer in many ways
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Ha, cleaning? Which now somehow seems painless.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
We went over to Dan and Tammy’s. We ate homemade ice cream, played games, and talked ‘til the ball dropped.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Everyday Italian. Unwrapped is a good one, too. It’s something Harry and I both like to sit and watch together. OH! And Supernanny or Nanny 911. Those shows amaze me.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. Honestly, I dislike someone a little more, though.
24. What was the best book you read?
The “What to Expect” books. They were very helpful throughout the year.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That my trumpet valves are hard to unstick after a year of storage! Sad. I really miss playing.
26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a candy dish for each season. And here we are. Now I just need help eating all these M&M’s……
27. What did you not want and not get?
More than 10 unexpected bills?
28. What was your favorite film this year?
Secondhand Lions took the cake – love it!
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 24 and I was at a funeral home in Minnesota all day for my grandma visiting with relatives.
30. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
If only there had been no bugs………
31. How would you describe your personal fashion in 2005?
Can you say, Maternity?
32. What kept you sane?
Uhh, I’m sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Alton Brown on the Food Network. Good Eats, baby! I love that show, too!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I can’t stand politics.
35. Who did you miss?
All my relatives far away, and MY BETH – I miss you, Flower!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Kodi – she’s been wonderful.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Breathe life in. Knock off the worrying.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That would require memory. I’ll sleep on it.
Hey, no more? That was kinda' fun. :)