Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Two for Togetherness. A meme.
2 things you compliment your husband on while in his presence.
1. How great he is at researching things
2. I'm gonna say it's just a general "feeling" toward him to let other people know he's loved. I really think that means so much to him.
2 compliments you make about your spouse to your friends.
1. That I'm SOOO glad he doesn't have a clue about women flirting with him. I adore that about him.
2. I couldn't have asked for a better provider.
2 traits you married him/her for.
1. I knew he'd always take care of me. (I was right! He was with me when I had my surgery, and he was there making sure I had what I needed, felt okay, was getting enough calories and protein, and could get around okay.)
2. He LOVES his kids.
2 days you cherished the most with your husband being together.
1. Uhh, THE WEDDING NIGHT!!!!! Now, THAT was cherishable! lol
2. I had an AWEFUL nightmare once, and I was shaking so badly and couldn't calm down for anything. He grabbed me and brought me to the floor on our knees and prayed over me until a literal physical weight was just lifted from me and I felt completely better. I guess that's more of a time than a whole day, but that's my answer anyway!
2 material things you could give your husband if you just inherited a fortune.
1. A Heritage Softail Harley Davidson
2. A maid, so the house would actually get clean.
2 things you would miss the most if she/he left for two weeks.
1. The way he slaps my butt every other time he walks by me. It's sick to think I'd miss that.
2. Just hangin' out with him.
2 thoughts that crossed your mind when you first met/saw your spouse.
1. WOW! I was walking into church and our eyes met and I froze. Then I saw he had two kids with him, and thought "oh great, I just met my dream man and he has this perfect little family with his gorgeous wife taking a bathroom break or something". Boy, was I wrong.
2. My sister and brother-in-law (works with Harry) were trying to set me up with this guy and said he went to my church. They described him, and it clicked. I've never been so happy to hear anyone was divorced in my life.
2 favorite dates
1. Panara Bread, December 1, 2002. How many cups of coffee did we have together that day?? Then I really knew it was meant to be when he carried this big box of candy (from his vending machine candy) to my car after the date (later that day). I guess he caught on to how much I LOVED sweets. That was possibly the sexiest thing he's ever done - showing his muscles from the heavy box, showing he listened to me (by knowing how much I loved sweets), and going out of his way to make me smile.
2. Meeting his kids for the first time - I'll never forget the way he looked at me that day.
2 funny odd things you love
1. His frown. He frowns at most things. See, that made him frown as he read that, I'm sure. Now he's smiling.
2. His goofy smile after he farts near me. Sicko.
2 places you have lived with your spouse.
2 favorite vacations
1. Our honeymoon was spectacular!
2. Our trip to the cabin last summer.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Harry's middle name is Leviene. He can't stand his belly button being played with. On a RARE occasion, he lets me put my finger in there 1) as long as I don't wiggle it around and 2) for a time limit - usually around 5 seconds. Now he LOVES it when he's sleeping. His right eye even twitches when I do it. HAHAHA I even videotaped it once. lol
He's bald. Loves to shave his head, and says even if he could grow hair he'd shave it off. He has never been a jealous person what-so-ever! He has changed a few of Tiffany's diapers, but is still uncomfortable wiping females bottoms. He is a work-a-holic. He goes to work at 6, comes home at 4:30, then finds some other work to do. Even if it's in his head, the man hardly ever stops working. Tonight he fixed my cell phone all night. We took 20 minutes to ride our bikes to the park, though. Way to go, honey!
When Harry and I have arguments, he likes to run away from me. I spent a good part of our first year of marriage chasing him around the house just to get him to talk to me! He's getting better - he even initiated resolution once!
He loves cold snacks at night. He'll crawl in bed at night and get comfy, then say "what do I want?" or "what do we got to eat?". So I list off a few things and he'll say "do we have anything cold? What do I want?" in a very indecisive voice. Many nights it results in a can of black olives (that we store in the fridge), ice cream, a lemon freeze cup, or fudge bars (or any other Blue Bunny treat we pick up now and then).
Harry frowns a lot. So does his son. I wonder if his dad did. I LOVE it when he laughs. What makes him laugh, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Any bodily sounds. Farts ESPECIALLY, even when the kids make farting noises - he always has a laugh in there somewhere, burps, blowing nose, pimples, talking about anything coming out of the body will get a little smirk out of him. If he sees a pimple anywhere on me, he'll poke it hard and say "does that hurt?". I usually respond with something like "you suck".
He has a need to say I love you at the end of any conversation. If he doesn't say I love you, he's angry with me and wants me to know it. Usually he just won't call on his 9:30 break. That means, "I'm still mad". He loves to turn music phrases into something else. One time the radio was on and the song "Above All" was on. "Crucified" turned into "Soup or fries". The song has never been the same for me. He has "working hands" cut up, rough, and bruised sometimes. I love it!
He turns his snooze button exactly 3 times each morning before getting out of bed. He puts his thumb over one eye at night and his first finger on the other eye. Falls asleep that way, what's that about anyway? Then does a very exaggerated squint if I turn the light on. lol, sometimes I do it just to see the face. haha Okay, if this doesn't do it, I'll try again in a few days. :)
Monday, May 22, 2006
And now for the REALLY exciting news! I am, as of last week, a Tupperware Consultant. Thank you, Miss Mary. I was SOOOOOO excited that I got to shop for school supplies for a REAL reason! Did I mention I L.O.V.E. school supplies?? Well, I do. My challenge is to find "out of the box" ideas for the pieces I will be selling. Cute ideas that no one else would think of - that's my angle. I get to make business cards this week! YAYAYAYAYAY! And type up fliers - I can't even stress to you how much I love all the creating of paper work and new ideas....okay....
:) My husband even did the dishes for me today! How nice was that!
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Then we have mine. I'm not nearly so predictable. As you can see (and this is even with quite a few of them sitting in my dirty laundry pile), I LOVE my socks! They have to match the outfit I have on for that day. The one thing I'm lacking in this beautiful pile is brown. Do you see brown socks of any kind?? Now, I'm kind of on a brown kick - so I've been going with brown sandles instead. This is quite the ordeal for me, you know. How do you like my fish socks at the top there? Most of these were aquired in my Minnesota days, but once in a while I'll find some adorble ones I can't pass up....Wal-Mart, garage sales, whatever.
How can two people that are SO SO different get along this well??? You'd think we'd want to kill each other by now, not even close. I love this man more and more every day, even though his sock collection (though quite handy for me) is BORING. Maybe this one will make him comment. :)
Monday, May 15, 2006
10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 1. Thanks.
Tina, I PROMISE I tried to blog that night. It was all about junking (which I'll get into) and my computer screen got dim and said "CRITICAL BATTERY". Makes me cry just thinking of that poor weak battery. It's all better now, though. Items up for bid:
1) For May Day, Olivia and Darin brought us a little (approx. 2 cup capacity) bowl with a little goldfish in it - who needs candy, right? Olivia named her Rose.
2) In the cities in Minnesota (Bloomington to be exact), they map out assigned areas each weekend to put all their junk out on the side of the road and the city will come and pick it up Saturday. We call this Junkin' with a well-deserved capital J. Want to know what we got last time we went? Oh, a piano, a free trailer (to haul stuff), some garden fence, potential e-Bay items to sell, benches, an indoor grill (looks new) to go on my counter, and that sort of thing. Yes, all of this stuff is laying on the side of the road and people drive by and pick it up. The first time of the day feels like a criminal act, but we quickly get over that when you find your first "FIND". I sit here and smile just thinking about it. So this is for the last weekend of Bloomington Junkin' Days *moment of silence*. I leave Thursday and come back Saturday.
*sidenote - they have this juicer on TV for ONLY 2 Payments of 49.90 Plus S&H. Now if you really made this much juice, wouldn't you already have shopped around and gotten one of these? Or maybe all those people sitting at home thinking "Wow, if I had that thing, I'd actually eat healthy cuz...cuz... then I could blend all my food.???" *end side note
3) I'm seriously thinking about becoming a Tupperware consultant. I have a seminar on Wednesday. Pray for me if you'd like - I could use it - thanks. :)
*sidenote1 - this guy on the juicer advertisement just said with much enthusiasm that this thing could save your life. HA - that'll get 'em to buy it! *end side note1
4) Tiffany has started crawling a couple weeks ago, and now has learned to pull herself up to a standing position, and just last night stood up to look what was in the bathtub and walked (with the tub's help) to the other side. This is going by WAY too fast. Better have another one. :)
5) Darin colored a picture on Sunday for Mother's Day that read "I Love You Because" and he said "Because you tuck me in at night" and gave it to ME, his step-mommy. Usually he'll make things and tell us he'd like to give it to his mom. I'd call that progress. It absolutely touched my heart. :) They went out shopping during the Tupperware party and got me a bunch of gardening things, then brought me some fresh lilacs! (Speaking of, Mary, I still have your vase at my house) I'm so excited for a garden! Bring out the tiller, baby!!!
Gosh, is that all that's new in a months time? It's a long enough blog anyway. It's time to end a blog when you realize you'd be extremely upset if the computer shut off for some reason and you lost the whole thing. It's time. :) now I have to go read everyone else's for the last 3 weeks. c-ya!