Friday, June 23, 2006

SOAP

S-2 Kings 10, 30-31. Nonetheless the Lrd said to Jehu, "You have done well in following my instructions to destroy the family of Ahab. Bcause of this I will cause your descendants to be the kings of Israel down to the fourth generation." But Jehu did not obey the law of the Lord, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He refused to turn from the sins of the idolatry that Jeroboam had led Israel to commit.

O-Jehu killed many men for the Lord and followed instructions exactly of what the Lord wanted, but his heart wasn't in it. If we did that today, it'd be the end of the light of day for us! I wonder if I would be so willing to DO great things for the Lord? And if it would mean as much to Him as if "just" my heart were His? I can go through the motions of the "Christian life" and most likely not-a-one would second-guess the purity of my heart. Maybe that's where I am today.

A-I read the laws of God and try to obey them to the best of my ability (or at least what I see as "good enough"), but how much of that is because I "should" and how much is because the Lord lives in my heart? And who on earth would think to question my motives?

P-Lord, I thank you for showing me this scripture - I obviously need a heart transplant. I am so sorry for going through my routine every day with a selfish heart. Make me a new Christian! I need guidance to stop being an instrument, and start being a servant for the glory of Your kingdom! Thank you for humbling me with your Word today.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is SO awesome!! I definitely needed to hear that, too. I should type up my SOAP from today; it was really convicting. Thanks for being open and sharing. Love you!!