Monday, February 27, 2006

Surgery Update

Can I do a Pre Signiture? Is that what that even stands for? Thanks.
P.S. If I got another tatoo, I would love one on my toe. I haven't really decided what, but it would be a good conversation starter if it were strange enough. :) I'm all about conversation starters. (or is that a side note?)

Now is this the body of the post? Here you go then. I have a scope and dilation scheduled for March 15. Why? Well, I'll tell you. I did my barium swallow Thursday morning, and it looked exactly the same as before pregnancy! Still having a lot of trouble eating. Had my follow-up appointment directly after, and it looks like more surgery for achalasia, but they want to "scope it out" before they go back in. HAHAHAHAHA, I'm really not laughing if you think I'm that big of a dork. :) The word you're looking for is...."Anyway"...The two options he gave me were 1) going in through the belly again, or 2) going in from the chest area on my side. #1 can only cut the front of the muscle more if they didn't cut it enough. #2 is more recovery time, but they also are able to cut the back of the muscle, as well. It could be that the stomach is wrapped too tightly around my esophagus, but here's one surgery for you that d i d n o t work! My doctor is going to call his friends that work at Mayo Clinic and see if they have run into this, because he's on new territory with me, I guess. That's where the "situation" sits. No, quite honestly I don't feel better. lol, is that okay just to blurt out like that? Oh yeah, I can if it's not in passing! You deliberately came to my blog, so that's not really in passing, is it. I'm a bit discouraged, but hopeful at the same time. Hope can be a scary thing, but necessary.

So more soup for me! I don't mind that part - I very much enjoy soup. Especially Long soup. lol Maybe I could grab some cheesecake and more peach jello? Okay, I guess I've hit my deductable anyway, right? Bring on the peach jello!!!

5 comments:

Tina said...

oh, you're kidding! I'm so sorry for all that trouble. That has got to be so frustrating for you. I will keep praying for you and know that God will give you the answers you need - hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm glad you're going this weekend! We can enjoy burgers and fries as long as you can eat them!

Heth said...

bummer.

That bites. (I mean doesn't bite...sorry, couldn't resist)

Angela said...

Awww, what a pain. I'll find some wedding stuff you can help with and take your mind off it. :-)

Kidding. I hope something gets figured out soon for you. Debbie's news sounds somewhat encouraging.

Rev60 said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry. Alright if your going to have to eat a bunch more soup you've got to get this recipe for Pumpkin Soup. It is awesome.

Note to self: gotta stop reading all these blogs cause I'm beginning to share recipes with other people. YIKES! (wait did I say that out loud) DANG!

Natalie Joy said...

Sounds awful. And, I will definitely get you that recipe for pumpkin soup. It really is good.